Our client is a leading manufacturing company and they are seeking a Buyer to work for them on a 6 month FTC.
The Buyer forms an integral part of the Purchasing function in the achievement of Operational objectives. Ensuring the smooth running of the purchasing process this role is responsible for local and overseas procurement. Liaising with both internal departments and external suppliers the role is key to delivering services, consumables and parts to production, on time, at the right cost and of the right quality.
· Supplier negotiations to achieve best cost, quality and delivery performance.
· Raising and placing purchase orders on IFS.
· Progress chasing and updating of delivery dates on IFS
· Regular supplier benchmarking to ensure the current supply base remains competitive.
· Expedite vendor purchase orders to ensure the on-time/in-full delivery of goods.
· Establish, review and maintain reputable supplier base.
· Develop and maintain key supplier relationships and manage their performance.
· Source non-production materials, outside processes and services with reference to price quality and delivery.
· Liaise with the warehouse / Logistics function to investigate and assist in resolving stock discrepancies.
· Contribute to new/improved product design.
· Contribute to value engineering of existing products.
· Resolve invoice queries as appropriate.
· Process purchase requests from other Departments.
· Any other reasonable request.
· Experience in a similar role
· Strong organisational skills
· Ability to prioritise work and work to deadlines
· Flexible attitude and ability to work under own initiative
· Proactive, “can-do” approach, comfortable within a dynamic and fast-paced environment
· Able to take direction and instructions from the line manager in a positive manner;
· Excellent attention to detail
· Confident, with good verbal and written communication skills
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop constructive relationships with colleagues and professional contacts
· IT literate and experienced in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Outlook and a dedicated ERP system.
· Ability to establish, implement and follow the processes
· Full driving licence
This role can be home based but you will need to be local to Walton on Thames