- General information
This role involves preventative and routine maintenance work also liaising with contractors and communicating both internally & externally in an efficient & professional manner.
To complete all aspects of day to day maintenance activities and rectification of building/plant defects to ensure operational safety; maximise OEE while conforming to quality standards including 5S improvements.
As part of the team of maintenance engineers you will be required to undertake both planned & reactive maintenance tasks, these tasks will need to be prioritised based on smartsheet & PM schedule requirements.
You will be able to demonstrate sound electrical/electronic and mechanical skills and you will have a proven background in a manufacturing environment.
- Place in the organisation
Direct Manager : Maintenance Supervisor
Subordinate(s) : None
- Description of duties
- Manage and control all maintenance activities on shift.
- Ensure that agreed standards within the maintenance function are met.
- Minimise downtime and improve OEE.
- Complete Planned maintenance work dictated by the PM schedule.
- Liaise with Purchasing Department with respect to the supply of appropriate parts.
- Liaising with operational team & maintenance supervisor.
- Provide knowledge & support for improvement projects
- Record all completed work in IT platforms.
- Comply with appropriate health, safety, environmental & quality policies, procedures, instructions and statutory legislation.
Leadership & People Management
- Develop a good working relationship with the maintenance team and shift managers
- Ensure that all Company employment relations policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Develop and foster good working relationships with peers and related functions
Health & Safety
- Effectively ensure that all health & safety regulations and practices are met and adhered to for the safety of employees
- Report all accidents and safety related issues using the near miss procedure and LOTO if required
- Be actively involved in developing and improving risk assessments and become a GRA trainer.
- Required competencies
Skills & Experiences
- Competent with relevant IT platforms.
- Previous Experience of working to Planned Maintenance Schedules
- Able to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings (Schematics)
- Good problem solving skills
- Knowledgeable on statutory requirements relevant to the position
- Engineering Qualification: City & Guilds P2-P3, or Technician T3-T4, ONC or HNC in Engineering
- Alternatively: Engineering Apprenticeship, NVQ3 (Skilled) or any other relevant training program i.e. Forces training
- Engineering Experience: Multi-skilled experienced mechanical engineer with good electrical skills, ideally 3 years within a manufacturing environment
- Plastics processing/Injection moulding experience is advantageous
Working Hours: 37.5 hrs
14:00 – 22:00 Mon – Fri