The Quality Engineer will be responsible for providing technical quality engineering support to new product development and sustaining manufacturing teams. Using knowledge of design control principles and quality engineering techniques they will identify and mitigate risks in design, facilitate transfer and promote design for manufacturability. Working within cross-functional teams, interfacing with operations team and suppliers to mitigate risks throughout the product life cycle, ensuring products are developed in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements, customer expectations and industry standards.
- Support with Integrating quality into new product introduction projects, requests and changes in all phases of the product life cycle, acting as a subject matter expert for regulatory inspections related to design controls, process validation, design records and design files.
- Partner with internal departments to assure appropriate quality requirements are defined and conveyed throughout the product life cycle and supply chain.
- Create and maintain risk management project plans through all phases of product development. Support risk assessment activities through DFMEA, PFMEA and other quality risk analysis techniques in order to manage potential risk during product development, release and changes to reduce scrap rates and improve process reliability, yields and efficiencies.
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of design verification and validation methodologies in line with best practice.
- Accountable for the quality gate approval for new product development and introduction projects. Support Prototype, Pilot and Product Launch and Ship Acceptance Activities. Perform design quality control activities.
- Work with Engineering and Operations teams to translate design requirements into manufacturing requirements to improve manufacturability, reduce scrap and maximising operational efficiency.
- Support with compliance assessments to ensure quality and regulatory requirements are successfully implemented and maintained. Ensure product compliance with all environmental directives, including but not limited to REACH, RoHS, WEEE, POP, etc.
- Completing robust and timely quality related product investigations (e.g. 8D, CAPA).
The successful candidate will be a proactive individual who works well on their own initiative and as part of a collaborative team. They will be customer focused, have good attention to detail and problem-solving skills; along with a flexible approach to change. They will have strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise workflow to meet established deadlines. Availability to travel internationally is essential.
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering Degree (Mechanical/Electrical)
- 5+ years engineering experience
- 2+ years quality assurance experience, including quality systems, standards, metrics, and tools
- Significant experience working with new product design/development projects or sustaining engineering projects, utilising the risk management (DFMEA/PFMEA)
- Experience of using Six Sigma and/or Lean tools & techniques
- Managing Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Demonstrable knowledge of ISO 9001/TS 16949 Quality Management System Requirements
- ISO 9001 Lead or Internal Auditor experience
- Commodity knowledge (injection moulded components, plating, pressing, LEDs, sensors, switches, fuse holders, indicators)
- Proficient of software programs – Microsoft (MS) Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, Minitab
- Working knowledge of ATEX
- Chartered Engineer or Member of a relevant Engineering or Quality Institution
Our client has significant growth plans and are seeking talented individuals to enhance their capabilities. There has never been a better time to join them ! They can offer you the opportunity to further your career working alongside some of the leading industry experts. They offer a collaborative and innovative working culture together with a competitive salary and benefits package consisting of:
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- 4 X Life Assurance cover
- Matched pension contribution scheme
- Innovation and recognition award schemes.
- Modern working environment
- Flexible working