Our client is looking for a Quality Inspector to inspect in-process and finished product (depending on experience this may be mechanically, using a CMM or Manual measurement to ensure compliance to drawing specifications, customer and company requirements, effectively communicating and documenting the findings of any non-conformance. Experienced Inspectors will also be required to assist in the management of customer returns and with the compilation of monthly statistics.
You will deliver output targets in line with work to lists, interpret blueprints and specification sheets, following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) where provided, ensure equipment used is of sufficient quality to manufacture to customer specification, reporting any that is not prior to use, ensure the job card is signed and stamped for prior operations before any work is started, conduct in-process and, where required, final inspection of fabricated high tolerance parts using GD&T methods and standard metrology techniques (including hand gauges). You will also conduct CMM stage inspection of product, operating DEA Global CMM using PCDMIS 2022 software (including running and programming the CMM). You will clean and ensure parts are of an acceptable standard before submitting to next production stage.
You will be able to manage customer returns, liaise and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers to ensure positive relationships.
You will be required to record and communicate findings and information effectively, completing all aspects of related operational documentation and generating NCRs and MRBs. You will also assist in the compilation of monthly statistics.
You will ensure that a clean and tidy work area is maintained throughout the shop floor, and ensure parts are correctly stored and protected. You will also ensure all parts produced are in line with drawing and specification requirements, reporting any that are not through the use of the NCR process.
HEALTH & SAFETY
You will promote and work safely at all times, complying with all safety regulations and adhere to company PPE requirements.
You will liaise with all other departments as required to ensure smooth and efficient progress of all production schedule requirements. You will train and coach other employees as needed and understand, adhere to and effectively apply company policies and procedures, ensuring compliance at all times. You will communicate and where necessary escalate any issues to line management and also attend and proactively collaborate in team meetings, one-to-ones and continuous improvement initiatives.
You will undertake duties as a first aider or fire warden on a rotational basis within the department and complete any other reasonable duties as required by the Business.
· Valid unrestricted right to work and live in the UK.
· Minimum 3 years’ related work experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment validating inspections, using GD&T methods and performing shop maths (including trigonometry).
· Able to interpret work instructions/blueprints, identify and use the appropriate equipment to manufacture parts to customer specification.
· A good communicator, able to build positive relationships with both colleagues and customers.
· A professional and proactive individual who takes personal responsibility for resolving problems and delivering results on time.
· Able to work flexibly in line with business requirements, which may include working overtime and travelling to other sites on occasion.
· A team player who shares knowledge and experience with colleagues, and is positive and proud of doing a great job.
Experience conducting CMM inspections using PCDMIS software.
Aerospace industry experience desirable
39h/week. Mon – Thu 7.30am – 4.30pm, Fri 7.30am – 12.30pm.