Technical Services Assistant
Our client is looking for an inquisitive, reliable and motivated individual who is looking to build a career within an IT based role. You will be happy to work in a quiet, relaxed and fun office where jobs are booked in advance daily. You will be good at fixing problems and have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
You will become responsible for software installations, end user training and 1st line technical support. You will assist with day to day office tasks such as processing web orders validating client information between different systems and providing assistance to employees.
This is a full-time position with on-the-job training provided; candidates with a local postcode or within commuting distance of the Feltham office would be ideal, but not essential. Any applicants also able to start immediately will be at an advantage.
- Logging and attending to IT service requests via internal service desk software.
- Providing telephone and web support to end users and documenting resolutions.
- Installing company and third-party applications via the internet.
- Providing end user training where required over the phone or via webinars.
- Providing technical assistance to employees.
- Processing web and email orders and booking items in/out of stock.
- Processing outgoing post and taking to post office (opposite our office).
Qualifications, Skills and Qualities required:
- GCSE English and maths, grade B or above preferred.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of computer networks, remote assistance software and cloud computing technologies.
- Experience with Android and Apple smartphone devices.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with ability to use own initiative.
- Good communication skills with the ability to work on their own and in a team.
- Organised and confident with the ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
Our client is happy to support IT related study