Our client is seeking a Warehouse Manager to perform a variety of tasks to ensure a high standard of customer service is delivered at all times, supporting the delivery of business objectives.
Desired Skillset and Characteristics
The successful candidate will be an experienced confident warehouse person with particular experience of warehouse management, with good organisational skills.
You will be computer literate and possess a forklift licence.
Be a self-starter with a proactive nature and be dedicated to ensure the highest levels of service consistently. The candidate shall be capable of delivering results consistently in an ever-changing and fast paced environment
- Manage and oversee the Warehouse Driver
- General Warehouse Duties, load and unload, move and pack materials and equipment as required.
- To receive and sign for all parcels as they arrive into the warehouse
- Open all delivery boxes to check contents are correct and not damaged
- To book/log all incoming goods and parts in a timely manner, using company Job Logic system and label up all relevant parts for delivery to sites/engineers
- Hourly review of Diary, to ensure that forthcoming Deliveries to sites/engineers are prepared for despatch in good time.
- Work out drop-off/pick up routes for the deliveries and ensure the van is loaded for ease of drop off.
- Liaise with All relevant Engineering staff on drop-off pick up times so warehouse and engineer know when they expect to be on site
- Disposal of waste out of used containers
- Arrange collection of all waste materials – metals, wood, oil etc from Warehouse
- Carry out PAT testing of all engineers tools as and when required
- Check safety and accuracy of ladders and scales as and when required
- Carry out Yearly PAT testing of all Unit 17 electrical equipment
- Check All harnesses are legal and fit for use
- Ensure that Forklift is roadworthy and fully charged at all times
- Ensure that Scaffold towers and desk surfers are in good condition and fit for use
- Able to operate the forklift truck (Forklift Truck licence Essential) to load and unload lorries and wagons as required.
- Deliver/collect to/from Sites tools, materials and equipment as required by the business
- Help engineers on site to get materials, equipment and bottles to and from the van to their place of work.
- Keep warehouse and outside areas as clean as possible at all times.
- Aid in General upkeep of the office and warehouse premises as and when requested to ie minor repairs jobs
- Ensure that Warehouse vans are clean, tidy and roadworthy at all times.
- All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be used at all times.
- Cover the Drivers duties when and as necessary, busy periods, holidays and absences etc.
- Any other duties to be completed as and when required.